Buy an Air Bike? The Benefits & Best 3
Are you thinking of buying an air bike? After reading this article, you will know everything about the air bike, and you can make the best choice when buying an air bike. In this test, you discuss the advantages, the points of attention when buying, and you discover the TOP 3.
What is an air bike?
Air bikes, also called assault bikes or fitness bikes, are growing in popularity. You can find them in more and more gyms. And that is not for nothing. The air bike is a relatively new fitness device. You can see it as a cross between an exercise bike and a cross-trainer.
One of the things that make air bikes unique is that they can automatically adjust your intensity’s resistance. This ensures that you can train entirely at your level.
Air bikes work with an air resistance system. Hence, of course, the name ‘air’ bike. The air resistance ensures that there is no maximum speed, making the training extra intensive.
The air bike is a fitness device for advanced athletes. It is better to buy a cross-trainer or rowing machine for a full-body cardio session as a beginner.
As mentioned, the air bike is one of the few pieces of fitness equipment that can automatically adjust the resistance.
Only some types of treadmills and ski trainers do this.
Air bikes are perfect for use in a HIIT (high-intensity interval training).
During such training, you exchange short intensive effort with rest.
When you buy an air cycle, you get a piece of extremely powerful workout equipment at home that allows you to take fitness to the next stage.
Research shows that this HIIT (High-intensity interval training) is the most effective training method for burning fat.
Partly due to the afterburn effect, fat burning lasts up to 3 times longer after training.
But fat burning is also many times higher during the training itself. You will be amazed at how many calories you can burn in a short time with this device.
You also often see rowing machines used for such training. But because you can make an even more intensive effort with the air bike, this bike is increasingly used for HIIT.
You regularly see the air bike in CrossFit circuits. You can alternate training on the bike with other (strength) exercises due to the high intensity.
It is not without reason that this device is also called a CrossFit bicycle. In many CrossFit boxes, the air bike is, therefore, one of the favorite training equipment.
You probably recognize it: you have a busy day, and you have little time to exercise. Or you just want to finish the training as soon as possible.
For example, you can quickly spend 30 minutes on an exercise bike to burn 200 kcal, which can take a lot of time.
With the airbrake, you can achieve this in a much shorter time, depending on your training schedule. And then you also benefit from the afterburn mentioned above effect.
Train all muscle groups
With an air bike, you can apply a physical stimulus to your entire body in short training. Almost all muscle groups are trained. But even if you want to slow down, the bike will adapt its resistance to your pace.
Buying an airbike: what to pay attention to?
If you want to buy an air bike, it is important to know what to look for.
There are many types of air bikes, but which one is the best? Later on this page, we’ll be discussing the best air bikes.
Below are many items to remember for the purchase of an air cycle:
- Maintenance: Choose an air bike that requires little or no maintenance. This will save you time.
- Price: Although the prices differ less than other fitness equipment, there is still some difference in the prices. More expensive air bikes are not necessarily better, but many cheap variants are of less quality.
- Warranty: This applies to all fitness equipment: make sure you have a sufficient warranty.
- assembly: You may like to assemble the air bike yourself. If not, get a bike that is easy to assemble. You can sometimes also have this done for free upon delivery.
- Noise: Airbikes can make quite a lot of noise. This could be experienced as disturbing. In that case, make sure you choose a bike that produces as little noise as possible.
- fan position: Some appliances have a fan placed in such a way that it blows air into your face. This can be regarded as either an advantage or a disadvantage. It can be pleasant to cool down during your workout, but you can also consider it annoying.
- Transport wheels: It can be very useful if the bike has transport wheels. This way, you can easily move the device.
- Pedals and handles: Since you have to put a lot of force with your legs and arms, it is important to have sufficient grip.
- Stability: The equipment must offer sufficient stability for safe training.
- These are some important things to watch out for.
- However, I can imagine that it can be quite a search to buy the right air bike.
- This is why I have assembled the best air bikes list. Among other items, this list is based on the aforementioned points.
Top 3 Airbikes
Fitbit, The Beast
- Very quiet compared to other air bikes
- Safe and stable
- Strong V-belt
- Little maintenance required
- No problems with airflow
- Only available in 1 color
- Often sold out due to high demand
- Free assembly & installation
- Stylish design
- Suitable for professional use
- Little to no maintenance
- Better quality than Assault bike
- Display with many options and 9 training programs
- Possibility to connect chest strap to display
- Makes more noise than The Beast
- Higher price
- Fan blows air into a face
- This is the most durable air bike out there.
- Very nice design
- Easily adjustable.
- Good price/quality
- Very suitable for home use
- Not suitable for beginners
- Lightweight air bike
Full range of air bikes
After reading this article, you can make a good choice between the 3 best air bikes. If no air bike suits you? (which I can’t imagine). Then view the complete range of air bikes. There are plenty of other types available. Click on the button below for an extensive overview of the entire range of air bikes.
Training on the air bike
If you are going to train on the air bike, it is helpful to adjust the bike and possible.
Make sure the saddle is at the right height first of all. The best part is that there is still a slight bend in your knee when you straighten your leg while pedaling.
Most workouts are interval workouts. This means that you train for a short time at a high pace and then rest for a certain amount of time.
Often the air bike is also alternated with other fitness equipment that is suitable for HIIT. Consider, for example, the rowing machine.
As said before, it is also possible to alternate strength exercises with training on the air bike.
Also, battle ropes are very suitable to implement in your HIIT workout.
- Know Before Buy a Tacx Roller Bench
- The Great Rowing Machine Test – Final TOP 3
- Which cross trainer should I choose?
- Fast Weight Loss With Pills: Effect & Which Types?